Most favoured international education hubs for MBA courses
The decade of globalization has not only brought the business world together, but has also presented students a great opportunity to pursue their MBA education at their dream b-schools anywhere in the world. Today, many business schools throughout the world offer an opportunity to study MBA of global nature in international business schools. With flexible visa norms and improvements in cross-border relations, students can now avail an opportunity to opt for educational environments on the planet.
It is widely accepted that the practical knowledge of business practices, cultures and market dynamics around the world are fundamental to being successful in business now-a-days. MBA from a different country will equip you with diversified knowledge and acumen. For instance; while discussing advertising and marketing in your class, your discussion will not be limited to local players in the market rather you would discuss Facebook or how RenRen, Kaixin and Weibo (most popular social media websites in China) work. You would be able to understand how important it is to have knowledge and understanding of international business practices around the world. Other significant factors that make MBA degree from a foreign country worthwhile include quality of education, world-class infrastructure, exciting career opportunities, cultural exposure, new language and many others.
Here is a suggestive list of MBA international study destinations for you to make a better choice for your career:
1. United States – The United States of America continues to be the first choice of students. With a wide range of B-schools that offer a variety of courses and flexible education system; USA has become one of the most favoured destinations for management education for Indian students. All foreign students are eligible to work in the USA for a year after finishing their academics. However, this year, the country suffered a slight drop in the admissions due to prevailing political scenarios. Despite this drop, US will continue to be a top choice since it is the home of some of the world’s top business schools, including Harvard, Stanford and Wharton business school.
2. United Kingdom – Thousands of management aspirants around the world chose to study in the United Kingdom since it holds a reputation for unparalleled quality throughout the world. The hub of MBA activity is London which is known to be the second most economically powerful city in the world (after New York in the USA). The education in the UK is affordable in nature since the courses offered here are often shorter in duration. Also, it houses top business school that offers MBA programs, which include the likes of London Business School, Nottingham University and Cranfield School of Management.
3. Australia – The management education provided by Australian B-schools and colleges is recognized globally for both higher studies and employment. Also, flexible visa regulations along with favourable opportunities for migration after completing your studies makes Australia, one of the most sought-after destinations for Indian students. There are a number of top business schools in Australia, which includes Melbourne Business School, the University of New South Wales, Australian National University and La Trobe Business School. Those seeking a global business perspective should definitely consider Australia to be on their wish list.
4. Canada – Flexible immigration laws and Post Study Work (PSW) arrangements make Canada one of the most preferred destinations for MBA studies. Other notable factors include quality of education, job opportunities, quality of life and low cost of education. Being partly funded by the government, all the colleges and universities of Canada that offer MBA programmes are known for providing high-quality standardized education. Top business schools in Canada include the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University, Ivey Business School and the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. It also offers economic stability and a high quality of life to those who wish to study and settle there.
5. Germany - Low MBA tuition fees and the cost of living have made Germany one of the most popular destinations for international students including Indians. German universities offer a variety of courses, excellent research facilities and high quality of teaching. More and more MBA degree programs and other graduate & postgraduate courses are now being taught in English, which has given a boost to foreign students. Top business schools in Germany include Mannheim Business School, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management and EBS University of Business and Law.
6. Singapore – Singapore is considered as one of the premier education hub in Asia and is known world-wide for providing quality management education opportunities. MBA in Singapore opens up ample job and career opportunities since a number of world’s leading business have their headquarters here. The lists of top business schools in Singapore include INSEAD’s Singaporean campus, the business school at the National University Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Business School, Lee Kong Chian School of Business, Singapore Management University and Manchester Business School.
Hence, there is no dearth of top business schools around the world which can prepare you to be a future global manager. Think about your interests, passion, career goals, your strengths and weaknesses, opportunities at hand, etc. Try to align them and make an action plan for a successful future. Analyze the course content with other universities before selecting your preferred business school. Also, thoroughly research the scholarship provided by the colleges which can ease up your financial burden.