The erstwhile DIT University, Dehradun, was founded by Shri Naveen Agarwal Ji, as Dehradun Institute of Technology two decades back with a vision to provide quality higher education in engineering field. DIT University has been established by Govt. of Uttarakhand vide Act No 10 of 2013 in Feb, 2013. It is listed under section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956. The university is established to provide innovative, flexible and industry-oriented teaching-learning experience with exposure to cutting-edge research. The University aims to develop students into competent professionals, and future leaders who contribute positively to the society and nation building. Today it is recognized as a premier Institute of higher learning not only in the State of Uttarakhand but all over the country. Major ‘thrust areas’ of the university have been identified based on the needs of the Nation, Societal and Environmental necessities. MADE IN DIT, inspired by MAKE IN INDIA, is DIT University’s effort designed to foster innovation and enhance skill development in its students and give best-in-class graduates to the World.
DIT University Highlights:
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System with multiple options for students across domains.
- Excellent linkages with Industry & Professional Bodies such as IBM, Oracle, Safeducate, SecureMeters, CII, ASSOCHAM, FICCI etc.
- Establishment of Five Centres of Excellence for advance level research and consultancy.
- Excellent Placement Records across years.
- Centre for Innovation, Incubation, Entrepreneurship and Start-up (CIIES) for promoting entrepreneurial eco-system in the University.
- DIT University’s Technology Business Incubator is approved by MSME, Government of India and also by “Startup Uttarakhand”, Directorate of Industries. Institutional Innovation Council (IIC) of the University is approved by MHRD Innovational Cell, Government of India.
- First University in India to be certified ISO 21001:2018 for operational excellence. Awarded “Best Private University of the Year 2020 – North India” ASSOCHAM National Education Awards. Ranked 1st in “Top Architecture Colleges of Excellence" category in India (GHRDC 2019 Rankings).
- DIT University is an approved centre of Uttarakand Skill Development Mission (UKSDM). DIT University has a collaboration with C-DAC, Govt. of India, to offer various programs and certifications on digital technology. MoU with Foundation of Healthcare Technologies Society (FHTS) to provide research opportunities on public health.
- Adoption of five schools and five villages under "Unnat Bharat Abhiyan".
- Faculty members have published more than 1100 research publication in reputed Journals and approximately 800 research publication in the International and National conferences/seminars organized by institution of repute i.e. IEEE, SPRINGER etc. with publication citations of 2638 in last five years.
- Multiple research projects funded by DST, DRDO, SERB and UCOST and other Govt. and Non-Govt. funding agencies.
- DIT University is a ragging free campus. Dean Students Welfare takes care of issues, if any, among students, women and students grievances redressal through various committees like Women Welfare Cell, SC/ST Welfare Committee etc.
- Approximately 50 percent students get benefit by University Scholarships every year. In 2018-19 alone, over 2800 students were benefited.
- More than 80 percent students are guided by Career Development Cell for various competitive examinations and career counselling.
- Apart from having SAP-ERP system for effective utilization of resources, the university has a Learning Management System (MOODLE) for facilitating teaching learning, IoN-CUDOS for measuring attainment
Due to, global crisis caused by the virus, DIT University is offering students pre-admissions offer basis their 10th Std marks. For further information kindly contact +91 9084672084 or +91 9084697506 or visit DITUNIVERSITY.EDU.IN