When headlines like ‘Indra Nooyi becomes the 2nd most powerful woman in the World’ hits the front page of a newspaper; it surely serves as a plank to evaluate the long and treacherous road that women have paved to reach where they are today. In today’s day and age, women entrepreneurs are making their mark everywhere. They have succeeded in their chosen field and working confidently. Be it e-commerce, education, travel, fashion, retail, fitness, or anything and everything under the sun, they are striving hard to make a difference with their ideas. They are questioning the age-old social norms and are bridging the gap by generating employment opportunities and thereby making a sustainable ecosystem. They are penning their own success stories. Some have even become trendsetters or are successful enough to set their benchmark in their chosen field or profession.
Some of the notable ones are Chitra Ramakrishna, Zia Mody, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Shikha Sharma, Chanda Kochhar, Nita Ambani, Naina Lal Kidwai, and many more are transcending the stereotypes and chasing their dreams.
Still, there is a need for more and more women leadership. Keeping this in mind, there are some of the top business schools that are rewriting programs to better serve their female students as well as female executives who have done MBA and wants to explore further opportunities. Since MBA is an opportunity for a woman to invest in herself, her career and her future, therefore more and more females should look forward to shaping their career by joining various management courses and institutions. Companies, on the other hand, are also seeking out more women with MBAs like never before.
So, ladies take a note of these women-centric colleges MBA colleges in India and prepare yourself to be the future manager.
1. Banasthali University - Banasthali University is a top women university in Rajasthan and is known for providing various postgraduate and doctorate level. It is one of the largest residential universities for women. It’s 'Centre for Financial Planning Training and Research for Women' is aimed at providing financial literacy for women through various workshops, research papers, e-learning modules along with their financial planning modules in financial planning.
2. Kasturba Gandhi College For Women – Founded in the year 1973, Kasturba Gandhi College for Women in Secunderabad, offers postgraduate and PG Diplomas programs in a variety of fields. It is known for its big infrastructure, committed management, in-house enrichment programs, dedicated faculties, and so on.
3. Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women - Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women in Jaipur is known for providing exceptional academics and brilliant placement records. It offers degrees undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. in various fields.
4. Sarojini Naidu Vanita MahaVidhyalaya - Sarojini Naidu Vanita MahaVidhyalaya in Hyderabad is a well-known institute for providing education to girls in entire Andhra Pradesh region. It provides specializations in various streams.
5. Ethiraj Women’s College - Ethiraj Women’s College in Chennai is one of the leading women colleges in India. It houses one of the best faculties and also provides exceptional facilities for overall development of the student. It also offers programs in various postgraduate and doctoral levels.
6. MOP Vaishnav College for Women - MOP Vaishnav College for Women is located in Chennai and is affiliated with Madras University. It is one of the best colleges for providing Arts and Science in the country. With best of the faculties, it offers courses in many fields.
7. Smt Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management and Research for Women (HNIMR) - Smt Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management and Research for Women is an all-women MBA institute. Located in Pune, its MBA programs are affiliated with Pune University. It offers specializations in Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance Management, Computer Management, International Business Management, and Production & Operations Management.
An MBA in itself is an intense learning experience. It will prepare you to rethink leadership, strategy and innovation and will push you to think from a wide range of different perspectives. And for women, in particular, MBA will provide you with skill-set to thrive in a competitive environment. You will become number savvy and hence you will be able to pitch better, sell better and do better in life. As in the words of Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook, “I wish I could just go tell all the young women I work with, all these fabulous women, ‘Believe in yourself and negotiate for yourself. Own your own success.” Good luck with your future endeavors, ladies!!